The following information is for students/guests attending prom, as well as those wishing to spectate at the grand march & coronation:
Due to the circumstances with Covid-19, several changes had to be made to make prom possible. First, prom will still be on Saturday, July 11. The grand march will now take place on the football field at 6:30. The location of the dance had to be switched from the Lake Summerset Lodge per the Winnebago and Stephenson County Health Departments, so the dance will now take place in the new elementary gym of the school . The dance will be from 8:00-11:00 pm. We are very fortunate because we are probably one of the only schools that will still be able to have a prom
We would like all students participating in Grand March to show up at the football field on Friday, July 10 at 7:00 pm for a practice run through of how you will line up and promenade out so that there is no confusion on Saturday.
We have put a lot of time and money into making this prom possible. We will not be able to handle money on the day of the dance. Therefore, we will just be setting up a donation jar at the dance itself. We have decided to not charge students the original $15 per person and $25 per couple for the dance. Instead, we are asking that you put a donation in the jar at the dance to help cover the cost of the DJ, food, and decorations. We will also be placing a donation jar at the entrance of the football field so that spectators can donate if they would like.
Also, if you are bringing a guest, a guest pass must be filled out and turned into the office.
Below is the list of guidelines (approved by the Stephenson County Health Department) for both Grand March and the dance itself.
For Grand March
- Someone will be posted at the entrance of the football field taking names as spectators enter, to help with contact-tracing should someone test positive for COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up in several areas of the football field.
- Participants and spectators will be asked to wear a mask where social distancing cannot be preserved.
- Prom students in the grand march will line up in two separate lines on opposite sides of the football field keeping a 6 ft distance between each person. (boys in one line, their dates will be in the other line)
- Couples will be announced. Each couple will walk and meet in the center of the football field. The couple will then walk down the red carpet together.
- After couples walk the red carpet, they will line up on both the right and left side of the football field, keeping each set of couples 6 ft apart.
- Each participant will have a designated family section on the bleachers. Each section will be a minimum of 10 feet apart from each other on the football field. We will determine family sections.
- The football field and bleachers will be roped off. Other spectators will be welcome to sit/stand in the open grass areas with masks while following social distancing guidelines.
- Pictures will be taken outside after the grand march with social distancing requirements met.
For the Dance
- Temperatures of every person entering the elementary gym will be taken with a touchless thermometer.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations set up throughout the facility
- Cleaning/sanitizing will take place before, during, and after the event.
- It will be recommended that students wear a mask where social distancing cannot be preserved.
- There will be water bottles available for students.
- Snacks will all be individually prepackaged for the students. (popcorn, mints, cookies)
- There will be no handling of money on this day.
- Dancing in large groups will be prohibited. Students will be expected to keep their space while on the dance floor.
Thank you for your cooperation in this, as we all want to be safe as well as be able to have a great time!
Advisers - Mrs. Sharon McDivitt & Mrs. Cindy Wells