The following is information gleaned from the Governors Message from March 13th, ISBE E-mails, and an ISBE Town Hall Phone Call this morning. As communicated Friday, Governor JB Pritzker has issued an Executive Order mandating that all public and nonpublic schools close March 17-30 and plan to reopen March 31. All days that a school is closed pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-05 will be counted Act of God Days. Emergency Days will not be used. At this time, these Act of God Days do not need to be made up at the end of the school year.
Orangeville CUSD Plan
Based on the above information given by the State Agencies, this is our Plan.
- Follow State Guidelines, and not allow students into the building during the shutdown.
- We will provide Electronic Learning on the following days: March 17-20 and 30th. Students will be encouraged and reminded it is important that they learn and retain material to be used when they come back to school. Chromebooks and school work will be sent home on Monday. If you have not sent in the survey information regarding home computers and internet, please send it in to tomorrow morning or email Mr. Janecke by 9:00 am tomorrow.
- Provide Sack Lunches to any student from March 17-20, 23-27, & 30. Parents will be asked to email email@example.com by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow so we can have a count to order food. Parents will need to indicate count for March 17-20, 30 & separately for March 23-27. If needed, provide an address for delivery. Please indicate the information below on the email provided.
- Office hours during the shutdown will be from 9:00 am – 2:00 p.m.
- There will be a very thorough plan to clean every aspect of the school building during the closure.
Dr. Douglas DeSchepper
Lunches provided for any student in grade PreK - 12
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. Pick up lunches for Elementary at the Elementary Office & Grades 6-12 at the JH/HS entrance from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Students name(s) _____________________________________________ Grade_________
March 17-20, & 30 _________ indicate # of students
March 23-27(Spring Break) ________indicate # of students
If you need delivery, indicate an address: