Congratulations! The softball team is going to state for the first time! So much information, so little time! Here is everything you need to know:
- The games will take place tomorrow (Wed. 6/16) in Peoria at the Louisville Slugger Sports Complex. The physical address is 8400 Orange Prairie Rd., Peoria IL 61615. The Google Map link is here.
- The complex does not allow pets, wagons, outside food or drink, or artificial noise makers. Fans can (and are encouraged to) bring lawn chairs for the semi-final games. More information about the facility is here: https://www.sluggerpeoria.com/faq/
- There will be two games, a semifinal (at 10 am) and a trophy game (at 1:30 or 2:00). Our team will be considered the "home" team in their games, so always look for the "home side" for seating. The fields will be cleared between games, so fans must have tickets for both the AM and the PM game. We have been told that the admission is general, so regardless of which afternoon ticket you purchase, you will be allowed to entrance to our game.
- ALL tickets are digital and must be purchased online. Cost is $10 + fees. Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with a link to your tickets, which you will present on a smart phone at the gate. THERE WILL BE NO CASH GATE. One person may purchase tickets for their entire family/group. (Again, remember there will be two games, and tickets will be needed for each game.) The link to purchase tickets is: https://gofan.co/app/school/IHSA and there are instructional YouTube videos below if you have not done this before.
- There will be a free fan bus sponsored by Josh Rhodes Trucking for current 6-12 grade or 2021 graduates of Orangeville or Aquin. Two Orangeville staff members will be supervising the students, and those who ride the bus to Peoria must also return on the bus. Students must show proof of the IHSA softball game tickets (two games, as explained above) before boarding the bus. The bus will depart from Orangeville HS at 6:30 am and because no outside food or drink is allowed inside the complex, they may wish to bring cash along for concessions. Capacity is 50. To reserve a seat, please call the Orangeville High School office at 815-789-4289 x5.
- If you cannot make it to the game, it will be broadcast on Big Radio, K92.1. It will also be available on the NFHS Network if you have a subscription, or want to pay to sign up for one. An instructional .pdf of how to sign up for NFHS is here. The link on NFHS to watch the game is here: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/ihsa/gam7834cc9435